Brewery and public house. 1896-1902. J.Redford architect for Robert Cain and Sons. Red brick and terracotta. Variousranges. Main street facade of 11 bays with round-arched and gabled east entrance to right. 1st 4 bays of 3 storeys, rest of one storey. 1st floor sill band; bracketed cornice with consoles at bay intervals; tall parapet with coping. Windows above sill band in round-headed recesses with decorated spandrels. Much terracotta decoration including beer casks, hops, barley and inscriptions. Public house has windows and 2 entrances to ground floor; terracotta panels between floors. 2-bay return to Grafton Street, then 5-storey, 7-bay range. Tall rear range with corner tower and chimney. Courtyard range to right of this of 3 storeys and 4 bays with clock and date 1887.
[ref: British Listed Buildings]